Saturday, April 08, 2006

No Title

(Do you remember…)
--

Do you remember? Can you still feel the soft spring rain as it tickled our faces, or the mild grass as it danced at our feet? Do you still know the place where the droplets hit our skin, warm, from the sun still shining overhead?

Oh to write of the beauty in your smile at the grace of the light as it united itself as one with the rain just before kissing the ground. I can still remember the sweet taste as stray drops fell in my mouth and the strong warm smell of earth quietly tinted the air with Love.

But all that can be said is that Beauty was there, in you and in my heart, as we stood there in the light, smiling - content - with the life that surrounded us.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you would love to read Romatnic-era English poetry.

Your Fan,
Chris

4:25 PM  
Blogger liquidmotion said...

You would be right. :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Nevada Yim said...

Poetry was my first love. I believe it gave an introduction to how I could pour my emotions into words. It was my first step toward writing.

Its simplicity is never to be taken lightly. There is much more to it. Feel and flow those images into words.

Good luck Robert and thank you for your post.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its kind of like prose that thinks it's poetic. its pretty wonderful, actually. my favorites (as poems), however, are your earlier works, for though some dont present either a metric or rhyme pattern, they speak with real heart. i loved the last line of "To Chastity", and "On Love and Hate" is brilliant. most really just seem to be more prose, but i like them. good job. :)

-rachel

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home